South Florida Criminal Defense Law. You may have heard the quote in the television series entitled *THE FIRST 48 that “For Homicide Detectives, the clock starts ticking the moment they are called. Their chances of solving a murder are cut in half if they don’t get a lead within the first 48 hours.” Likewise, for a person who is arrested or under investigation for a criminal offense, time is also of the essence.
The clock starts ticking the moment you have been arrested or become the subject of a criminal investigation. You need to protect your constitutional rights at these critical early stages as well as throughout the entire judicial process.
When an attorney intervenes at these early stages, they can:
- Shield you against unwanted police interrogation
- Act to preserve evidence that may be critical in your case
- Secure a reasonable bond or conditions of pre-trial release
During the course of representing you – my client – I strive:
1) To defend your constitutional rights throughout all stages of the judicial process in an effective and aggressive manner, always putting your best interests above anything else.
2) To accommodate your schedule and to be available for you 7 days a week 24 hours a day (weekends and holidays included) wherever possible and whenever necessary to inform you of the progress of your case, answer any questions you may have and to prepare your case for upcoming court dates. My clients are encouraged to contact me directly on my personal cell phone whenever they feel they need to speak with me for any reason.
3) To treat you, the client, in a courteous, patient and respectful manner – never losing sight of the fact that you are involved in a judicial process which can be stressful, confusing and overwhelming at times. My job is to achieve the best possible outcome for you while always upholding your dignity and respect. In so doing, I will put forth all of my effort, knowledge and over 25 years of legal and practical experience.
Member American Bar Association
Federal Bar Southern District of Florida
Over 28 Years of Trial Experience
Graduate of The University of Miami Law School
The Law Offices of Evan Kleiman, P.A.
2455 Hollywood Boulevard • Suite 104, Hollywood, Florida 33020